iMAR’s iTSV-KIA-NIRO is a hybrid vehicle, which can execute programmed trajectories with up to 150 km/h on proving grounds. It is part of iMAR’s iSWACO-ARGUS proving ground automation toolchain to setup simple and complex traffic scenarios for the validation and homologation of vehicles of SAE level 2 up to SAE level 5.
The iTSV-KIA-NIRO is used in this context as Traffic Simulation Vehicle (TSV) to validate the behavior of so-called Vehicles under Test (VUT), but it can also be used for any other application in R&D where a programmable road vehicle is required, e.g. to validate e.g. cameras, lidar or radar systems (i.e. object and event detection and response systems, OEDR) on an repeatable driving carrier within a real-world environment (Sensor Validation Carrier, SVC).
- Fully automated driving on proving grounds
- Integrated INS/GNSS based very accurate localization system iTraceRT-MVT with RTK capability to achieve centimeter level monitoring accuracy with lowest data latency and multi vehicle tracking capability
- Output of precise time information and PPS
- Full access to all internal vehicle’s actuators (steering, throttle, braking) in real-time; no driving robot required
- Integrated vehicle control system iARGUS-VCS
- Fully supported by iMAR’s iSWACO-ARGUS system for enhanced Proving Ground Automation
- Integrated Dynamic Mesh Network iDMN for multi vehicle communication for even 100+ participants as an option
- Integrated iARGUS-LTG local trajectory generator
- Interface to iARGUS-CMD software for trajectory planning on polynomial basis as well as on teach-in basis.
- Communication protocol fully compatible with the future ISO 22133-1 standard
- Optional integrated UPS available with 12 VDC and 235 VAC output
- Easy to use: Simple and fast capability of activation / deactivation of fully automated driving mode possible to allow operation also on public roads (DEKRA approved)