High Performance Low Weight Ring Laser Gyro Based INS of Class 0.002...0.01 °/h
The iNAT-RQT-400x is a family of light weight small-size high accurate advanced RLG based INS. It is available in three performance classes:
iNAT-RQT-4001: 0.0020 deg/sqrt(hr) / 0.004 deg/hr / 0.05 mg
iNAT-RQT-4002: 0.0025 deg/sqrt(hr) / 0.007 deg/hr / 0.75 mg
iNAT-RQT-4003: 0.0050 deg/sqrt(hr) / 0.010 deg/hr / 0.10 mg
They consist of 3 airborne grade ring laser gyro axes and 3 servo accelerometer axes, integrated all-requencies / all-constellations GNSS Receiver (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU), wheel sensor interface and an advanced 42+ state Kalman filter based INS/GNSS loosly or tightly coupled data fusion.
The ring laser technology provides a well-proven and most mature long time accuracy regarding true north and navigation accuracy, also under strong environmental conditions (temperature gradients, vibration), where other gyro technologies are already significantly limited due to certain physical effects.
The iNAT series is used for navigation, guidance and control of vehicles, stabilization of platforms, surveying reference as ground truth etc. in the fields of industrial, automotive, surveying, research and space applications. Developped for rugged industrial applications according to MIL standards, it is used today also for many and major defence applications as well as for aviation use cases due to their exceptional robustness and reliability.
The full accuracy range of the members of the iNAT family from economic to high-end can be found here:
Link to the entire iNAT system family
- Applications: GNSS aided navigation, free inertial Navigation (air, land, sea, subsea), attitude heading reference (AHRS), surveying (LIDAR, SAR etc.), UAV, AUV and RPV guidance & control
- Real-time data output: longitude, latitude, alttude / height, velocty, roll, pitch, yaw / heading, angular rates, acceleration, status, calibrated raw data INS/GNSS (for post-processing)
- Interfaces: RS422 (UART and HDLC / SDLC) Interfaces, CANaero / ARINC825 / CAN, ARINC429, Ethernet (TCP/IP and UDP), SYNC-I/Os
- Data Output rate up to 400 Hz (each data log separately adjustable)
- Minimum latency and minimum jitter on output data
- Measurement range +/-395 deg/s, +/-20 g (+/- 40 g as option)
- Heading accuracy 0.01...0.1 deg sec lat (depending on performance class and algorithms / aiding)
- further parameters. see datasheet (link below)
- Integrated 42+ state tightly or loosly coupled data fusion
- Internal GNSS engine, up to all frequencies / all constellations (GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, BEIDOU), RTK, WAAS / EGNOS etc.
- Internally up to 128 GByte non-volatile memory for data storage and "black-box" capability
- Power Supply: 10...36 V DC, < 25 W; overvoltage protected up to 60 V; 50 ms hold-up time according to DO160E.
- Modular System architecture: customized applications can be integrated by iMAR easily (please contact our sales engineers). So the iNAT can provide arbitrary data and command protocols according to customer requirement, e.g. to substitute other navigation systems by iNAT (e.g. for Form-Fit-Function replacements); Python interface and C++ SDK available.
- EMI-EMC protection and qualification according to DO160E / MIL-STD-704D / MIL-STD-461E / MIL-STD-810G
- iNAT-RQT is not subject of ITAR control. iNAT-RQT requires only a standard dual-use export license; no detailed export control procedure is required within the EU, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, USA (only EU001 procedure required)
- iNAT-RQT is also available as highly shock hardened version for special applications, e.g. on heavy trucks, mining, tunneling etc.: iNAT-M-II / -III / -III.