The iNAT-M300 is the successor of iMAR's well-known iNAT-M200 and comes with the latest hardware, sensor and data fusion technology.
iNAT-M300 is a family of light weight small-size accurate MEMS based INS of class 0.1...10 deg/hr (AllanVariance bias stability), consisting of 3 robust MEMS gyro axes and 3 MEMS accelerometer axes, an integrated GNSS Receiver (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU; up to all-frequency / all-constellation RTK / PPP), wheel sensor interface and an advanced 42+ state Kalman filter based INS/GNSS sensor data fusion, which allows also the aiding by odometer and other external sensors.
The architecture of the iNAT systems allows also the aiding with any external position / velocity / time stamp / standard deviation data, e.g. obtained from machine vision, DVL or any application based aiding sensors.
The iNAT series is used for navigation, guidance and control of vehicles, stabilization of platforms, surveying reference as ground truth etc. in the fields of industrial, automotive, airborne, marine, railway surveying, train control, agriculture, surveying, defense and space applications.
Due to its ultra-robust design, iNAT-M300 and iNAT-M200 are even used for extreme applications like flight guidance of supersonic rockets.
The entire range of the members of the iNAT family regarding performance and technology from economic to high-end can be found here:
Link to the entire iNAT system family
- Made and qualified for nearly all applications: GNSS aided navigation (air, land, sea, subsea), attitude heading reference (AHRS), surveying, UAV, AUV and RPV guidance & control, dead-reckoning navigation etc.
- Real-time data output: longitude, latitude, alttude / height, velocity, roll, pitch, yaw / heading, angular rates, acceleration, status; also calibrated INS/GNSS/ODO raw data available at high data rate (e.g. for post-processing)
- Interfaces: RS422 & RS232 (UART) Interfaces, CANaero / ARINC825 / CAN / CANopen, Ethernet (TCP/IP and UDP), SYNC-I/Os
- Data output rate up to 500 Hz (each data log separately adjustable)
- NTP time server capability available
- Minimum latency and minimum jitter on all data output
- Measurement range:
- iNAT-M300/xLN: +/-400 deg/s, +/-10 g (also 30 g and 1'200 deg/s version available)
- iNAT-M300/xLD: +/-500 deg/s, +/-8 g (also 40 g and 2'000 deg/s versions available)
- iNAT-M300/xLE-LN1: +/-450 deg/s, +/-10 g (low noise version for rugged environment)
- iNAT-M300/xLE-ULN1: +/-200 deg/s, +/-10 g (ultra low noise version)
- Inertial Sensor Performance: see dedicated datasheets
- Integrated 42+ state tightly or loosley or deeply coupled data fusion
- Internally up to 128 GByte non-volatile memory for data storage
- 3 classes of integrated GNSS engines available:
- iNAT-M300/TLx: high performance class GNSS engine, all frequency / all constellation RTK, dual-antenna support; GPS, GALILEO, GONASS, BEIDOU etc.
- iNAT-M300/SLx: performance class GNSS engine, up to all frequency / all constellation RTK, dual-antenna support as option; up to GPS, GALILEO, GONASS, BEIDOU etc.
- iNAT-M300/RLx: commercial class GNSS engine, multi frequency / multi constellation RTK, dual-antenna; GPS, GALILEO, GONASS, BEIDOU etc.
- Dual-antenna GNSS Version available as option or standard configuration (see above) to support heading determination also during initial standstill condition.
- Connectors: MIL-C-38999 III type and TNC / M12 (option: LEMO connectors)
- Power Supply: 9...34 V DC, < 10 W. iNAT provides two independent and isolated inputs to allow the supply from two different power sources - the iNAT always takes the energy from those supply with the highest voltage. The inputs are protecxted against reverse voltage and over-voltage.
- Weight: approx. 850 grams (depends on options)
- EMI-EMC protection designed to MIL-STD-704F / MIL-STD-461G / MIL-STD-810G
- Overvoltage and reverse polarity protection
- Modular system architecture: customized applications can be integrated by iMAR easily (please contact our sales engineers for details and the SDK). So the iNAT can provide arbitrary data and command protocols according to customer requirement, e.g. to substitute other navigation systems by iNAT (e.g. for Form-Fit-Function replacements).
- Enough computation power on-board available to integrate customized applications on request.
- Option: System can be delivered with removable, environmental protected USB stick for additional data storage capability.
- Python scripts, ROS-2 node as well as C++/SDK available for easy integration.
- Low SWaP; environmental qualification for industrial, transportation, military and aviation usage.
- iNAT-M300 is neither ITAR nor export controlled.
- See also iNAT-MSLG-5 for systems with ultra high performance MEMS based sensors
Note: Due to continuous system and sensor optimization in iMAR labs, the iNAT-M300 becomes the successor of the well-known iNAT-M200 series, being in operation since many years and available with many thousands of devices in the field. The iNAT-M300 covers all interfaces being available at iNAT-M200 - and much more. iNAT-M200 can be replaced in running applications by iNAT-M300 easily.
Report: iNAT-M200/SLN for Trainer Aircrafts (2016)
Publication in SENSORS 2017: INS/GNSS Integration for Aerobatic Flight Applications and Aircraft Motion Surveying using iNAT-M200