Light Weight Small Size FOG Based INS with Dynamic on-the-move Heading Alignment
iCOMBANA-IV is a light weight (only 2 kg) small-size fiber optic gyro (FOG) based INS of class 0.5 deg/hr AllanVariance bias stability and 5 deg/hr performace over full temperture range. The system consists of 3 robust fiber optical gyros and 3 MEMS servo accelerometer axes, an integrated GNSS receiver (L1 GPS & GLONASS; SBAS EGNOS & QZSS) for heading determination under motion where sufficient GNSS coverage is given, a wheel sensor interface and an advanced 42+ state Kalman filter based INS/GNSS loosly or tightly coupled data fusion to obtain the navigation results.
For the system the iXCOM-CMD software (GUI) is available for configuration and operation. A software development kit (SDK) is available to integrate the iCOMBANA directly into the user's application.
- Applications: GNSS aided Navigation (air, land, sea), attitude heading reference (AHRS), surveying, UAV, AUV and RPV guidance & control
- Real-time data output: longitude, latitude, alttude / height, velocty, roll, pitch, yaw / heading, angular rates, acceleration, status, calibrated raw data INS/GNSS (for post-processing)
- Interfaces: RS422 (UART) Interfaces, CANaero / ARINC825 / CAN, Ethernet (TCP/IP and UDP), SYNC-I/Os
- Integrated GNSS engine (L1 GPS+GLONASS, SBAS), interface to external wheel sensor with full dead-reckoning support
- Data output rate up to 500 Hz (each data log separately adjustable)
- Measurement range:
+/-450 deg/s, +/-10 g
- Inertial Sensor Performance: see datasheet
- Integrated 42+ state tightly or loosly coupled INS/GNSS/ODO based data fusion
- Internally up to 128 GByte non-volatile memory for data storage
- Connectors: MIL-C-38999 III type and TNC
- Power Supply: 10...34 V DC, < 16 W
- Weight: approx. 2.2 kg
- Power supply and EMI-EMC protection qualified to MIL-STD-704F / MIL-STD-461G / MIL-STD-810G
- Modular system architecture: custom applications can be integrated by iMAR easily (please contact our sales department for details). So the iCOMBANA-IV can provide arbitrary data and command protocols according to customer requirement, e.g. to substitute other navigation systems by iCOMBANA-IV (e.g. for Form-Fit-Function replacements)
- iCOMBANA-IV is neither subject of ITAR control nor of any German export control.
Datasheet iCOMBANA-II for Combat Vehicles (FOG based; 0.38 deg sec lat gyro compassing)
Datasheet iCOMBANA-III for Combat Vehicles (FOG based; L1L2 GNSS, dual antenna heading support)
Datasheet iCOMBANA-IV for Combat Vehicles (FOG based; L1 GNSS, true-heading on-the-move alignment)
Datasheet iCOMBANA-V for Combat Vehicles (MEMS based; up to all-frequencies / all-constellation, single- or dual-antenna GNSS)